Who is this guy? He's not a Dodger minor leaguer. He didn't come up through our system.
Ok, I checked his stats. It says he pitched six games for us in 2007... what???
Does anyone remember that?Seriously: Andruw Jones, Esteban Loaiza, Mark Sweeney, Shea Hillenbrand (amongst others). These are all guys who started their Dodger careers after Jason Schmidt's last start with us and finished them before his next one. Randy Wolf has had two go-arounds with the Dodgers in between Schmidt's starts. Hell, Andy LaRoche (*tear* still miss you, buddy.) had his first major league at-bat, was sent down, called up, hit his first major league homerun, then was horribly injured, called up and sent down several times more, hit some more homeruns, and was shipped off to Pittsburgh in between Schmidt's starts.
Really, is anyone in waiting on pins and needles to see Jason Schmidt return? Is anyone expecting a major league, regular season start for the Dodgers from Jason Schmidt?
That's not to say I wouldn't gladly welcome a healthy Jason Schmidt as our 5th starter.
I'm just not holding my breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment