Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm In A Glass Case Of Emotions!

I don't know how I should feel about yesterday's Spring Training game (Dodgers beat the Rangers 13-7), featuring Jason Schmidt.

Is it good news that Schmidt made it through two innings without his shoulder falling off?

Or is it bad news that he gave up three runs in those two innings, including serving up a homerun?

Or is it even worse news for Claudio Vargas, who gave up four earned runs in his 2.1 innings of work. This included giving up three homeruns, one of which came to... ANDRUW JONES!

Eric Milton, however, went three scoreless innings in relief, lowering his Spring ERA to 3.12.

And Jeff Weaver has been pretty good this spring.

Things are heating up. This is just like watching a four-horse horse race for the 5th starter position.

Except all the horses are old and gimpy.

No comments: