Player Profiles: Relief Pitchers - James McDonald
Player: James McDonald
2008 Stats: 0-0, 0.00 ERA (4 games)
2008 Analysis: McDonald looked pretty impressive. He came up as a September call-up and pitched six innings at the end of the season. He gave up no runs and five hits over that span, while striking out two, but looked impressive. So much so, that he was put on the playoff roster. He pitched an additional 5.1 innings of shutout ball in the playoffs while striking out seven.
2009 Outlook: McDonald should be a good part of the 2009 team. I'll say this, I expect McDonald to be a part of the rotation at some point next year. Recent news is saying that McDonald will start the year in the bullpen, but I don't expect him to stay there long. We'll see, but I'm fairly sure McDonald will have some impact on 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment