Player Profiles: Spot Starters - Jason Johnson
Player: Jason Johnson
2008 Stats: 1-2, 5.22 ERA (16 games, two starts)
2008 Analysis: Wow, Johnson actually pitched more innings than Loaiza in 2008. Interesting. I only have three memories of Johnson. One, he had a good start (that was July 29th against the Giants) and two and three, that he came twice in extra innings to end the game (not in our favor: August 5th against St. Louis and September 26th against the Giants ironically).
Oh, I also remember he has diabetes and a little pack attached to his belt. That's a nice story...
2009 Outlook: The Yankees picked up Johnson for the 2009 season, which is just fine by me. He seems like a nice guy (not that I'd know) and I'm sure he's a good role model for kids with diabetes, but he can't pitch well, which is unfortunate given his career choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment