Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well, At Least We Aren't The Angels

Being down 3-1 is bad. Being down 3-1 with the only hope left being three straight wins against the Yankees, with two games on the road? That's worse.

Anyway, I just had a couple thoughts so, here it goes.

1. Ned Colletti signed an extension with the Dodgers. I'm indifferent. I've liked some of Colletti's moves (or non-moves for that matter) but I've also hated some of his moves. He's neither the best GM nor the worst, but he's serviceable, and I feel like he has gotten a little better as the years have gone on. For now, I'm ok with this decision, especially because it saves us from having to do a GM search during the offseason.

However! However... the caveat to this situation is the loss of one of our assistant GMs. If we can keep intact this GM triangle of Colletti, Logan White, and Kim Ng, then I'm happy. If we lose either of those two to some other team, then I'll be sad.


2. Another blown call today in the Yankees/Angels game, following the strike zone debacle of yesterday, and now I'm only half-joking when I say I'm ready to throw out the umps and let robots call the games ...or at the very least, extend instant replay.


3. Game 5 is tomorrow. I'm still optimistic.

We're not eliminated yet, and we won't be until the last out is recorded.

No comments: