I'm not going to lie to you, much of the month was filled with emotional reaction Tweets to what was happening in the playoffs, or just general complaining about umpires. But I did dig in and find a couple things other than that. Here's you go:
- Whoever the guy doing color commentary on ESPN Radio is a genius. Paraphrase: Phillies are 0-6 in playoff series if they lose the 1st game.
- Is that all-time? Does that include Mike Schmidt's teams? Does that go back to the Phillies of the 1880s? That stat means NOTHING!
- Then Berman: "Lee has retired the side in order in the last 4 inn." Color Commentary Genius: "Yeah, retired, but is he getting tired?" Nice.
- We have a chance to lose Plaschke and Simers? Choices... RT @villaraigosa ...we're willing to give up the LA Times if we lose the series.
- Dodgers let Will Ohman go. I'm upset. He was on the DL so long this year, I couldn't get in any "Oh man!" jokes. Maybe it's for the better.
- Man, Ben Francisco is three types of ugly. What a frightening face...
- [TBS Color Commentary Guy:] "That's a ball that's got to be played, a double play that's got to be made... and the Dodgers should be back in the dugout." Nice finish.
- How about: "That a ball that's got to be played, a double play that's got to be made, then the Dodgers gonna get paid." Needs a little work.
- According to Vin, the Philadelphia authorities have greased every pole in the city. Fill in your own jokes here.
- I'm rooting for the Yankees in the WS. They spent more, they should win. That's capitalism. A lower payroll team winning is socialism.
- Hahaha. Fill in your own jokes, ladies and gentlemen. RT @MLBONFOX Karros: Angels are baseballs version of a "cockroach."
- This does make me feel a little better. Phillies Fan Fail:
- Yankee Stadium: looking a little empty. I thought Dodger fans were the only ones who left early? Media? Oh, they're an East Coast team? Nvm.
- I hate the Yankees, but gotta admit, love the Phillies beat down, especially Lidge. Reminds me of how much I love this:
Alright, we're through four games in the World Series. It's probably over before long now. I'll see you all then.
No comments:
Post a Comment