Friday, June 26, 2009

Moneyball

Yeah, this is a Dodger Blog, but I wanted to talk about something else today. Perhaps you've heard of the book "Moneyball." It's based on Billy Beane, the GM of the Oakland A's.

Perhaps you've also heard that "Moneyball" was being made into a movie. And perhaps, when you heard that, you thought: "...What?"

The movie was going to star Brad Pitt as Billy Beane, and comedian Demetri Martin as former Dodger GM Paul DePodesta. Perhaps you heard that, and you thought: "...What?"

Yeah, there was lot to be concerned about going into this. I was in the same boat as you. But then I came across the script online. And I actually read it...

And I really liked it...

Yeah... for real...

I think it's got the chance to be a really good baseball movie. And frankly, we haven't had one of those since "The Rookie" in 2002.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I'm taking up the crusade to get it made (recently, the movie was put on hold days before shooting was to begin).

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you. You can read the script here.

And if you like it like I did and want to help out, it couldn't hurt to follow @MoneyballMovie on Twitter, or become a fan of Moneyball on Facebook.

P.S. If you have a life, and don't have the time to read an entire screenplay, may I at least recommend the "Trade Deadline" portion of the script (Pg. 88 of the script, Pg. 89 of the actual .PDF file).

At least give it a look, and maybe join the fight. That's all I can ask.

Well, that, or if you're a really rich guy, maybe finance the movie or something. That'd work too...

No comments: