Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How Come The Only Team We Can't Sweep Is The Team I Want To Sweep The Most?

With the win today, the Dodgers completed a second sweep in their last three series. Of course, the non-sweep was actually a series loss against the Angels. But let's not discuss that.

Let's discuss what is really going on with the Dodgers.

The offense.

For an offense that was already considered good, they've outdone themselves these last few games.

Run outputs of 16, 7, and 8? I know they were playing in Coors Field, but this is ridiculous.

Just some quick numbers for this series:

Juan Pierre: .500
(8-16)
Orlando Hudson: .416
(5-12)
Casey Blake: .333
(4-12)
Matt Kemp: .385
(5-13)
James Loney: .429
(6-14)

and...

Juan Castro?: .462
(6-13)

I mean, come on. This isn't just ridiculous. This is redonkulous.

How come we couldn't do this against the Angels?

No comments: