Monday, October 13, 2008

Phillies 7, Dodgers 5

The Phillies have a late comeback to beat the Dodgers in Game 4 of this series.

Ryan Madson got the win, he's 1-0 in the NLCS. Cory Wade took the loss, he's 0-1 in the NLCS. Brad Lidge picked up his 3rd save in the NLCS.

Derek Lowe gave up two runs over five innings pitching on short rest. He did seem to be getting better as the game went on, but was pulled before the 6th. The Dodger bullpen, which has been spotless in the first three games this series, then proceeded to give up five runs in four innings of work. Cory Wade and Jonathan Broxton each surrender two-run homeruns in the 8th, Wade's to tie the game, Broxton to allow the Phillies the lead.

Offen
sively, the Dodgers weren't bad. They collected a total of 11 hits and eight walks in the game, but their hitting couldn't overcome the deficit the pitching allowed. Rafael Furcal went 1-2 with two walks and two runs. Manny Ramírez went 2-2 with three walks, and an RBI. James Loney went 2-5 with a walk, a double, and an RBI and Casey Blake went 2-5 with a solo homerun. Finally, Juan Pierre went 2-3 with a double and a run scored.

With the loss, the Dodgers fall to a 3-1 deficit. Game 5 is Wednesday at 5:22 L.A. time.

Opinion: Well, it was a hell of a run, huh? I know, it's not over yet, but it's a long road back. Might as well win on Wednesday and see where it goes, but even with the win Wednesday, we head back to Philadelphia, where we are 0-6...
This kind of loss is painful. I literally was feeling a little sick during and after the 8th inning. It's gutwrenching. If they have the lead for the duration of the game, and we can't comeback, fine. But when the bullpen blows the lead, twice in the same inning, it's really like getting punched in the gut twice. It's awful. It's heartbreaking. I guess what I'm saying is, the Phillies just about ended our season tonight in worst way possible, Los Angeles is on fire, and I have a mid-term tomorrow that I'm not ready for. I am not doing good people...

No comments: