Wednesday, September 2, 2009

J's Dodger Tweets - August Edition

I'm back with another look at some of my best tweets from August, just in case you haven't been following me on Twitter.
  • Some of the pitches [Jair] Jurrjens threw that inning were fatter than a chubby child going to work on a chocolate cake. Also, probably as ugly.
  • Realized I've neglected talking about the Claudio Vargas trade. I'd say the biggest factor behind this decision would be that I don't care.
  • Jon Miller's egg yolk shirt is really disturbing me.



  • Interesting to note that Schmidt was put on the DL today with Terrible-initis. It's not known if there is a cure...
  • In my opinion, and I can only say this because I'm not affiliated with MLB, is that homeplate umpire Mike Reilly sucks.
  • Aww. Puns? Don't do this to me. RT @DodgertownUSA Garko hits one into the Castro District to end the game. #Dodgers win game one vs #Giants.
  • [James] McDonald should actually bean [Pablo] Sandoval now. I want to see Sandoval explode into a hundred angry bits of Orange Chicken. (Panda? Get it?)
  • In retrospect, that last tweet was in poor taste. (Taste? Chicken? Get it?) But still, I'm actually not sure if I got the connection I made.



  • Just a thought watching baseball highlights last night: Adam Dunn hit his 31st HR (86 RBIs), maybe we should've signed him this offseason. [Dunn currently: 35 HRs, 91 RBIs]
  • Plaschke on ESPN says Dodgers are in trouble because they didn't add a starting pitcher. Most runs by a Dodger starter in last 10 games: 4.
  • In fact, in all of August, no Dodger starter has given up more than 4 runs. [Dodger starter ERA in August: 3.33]
  • Online banking site asked me if I wanted to try Giants Banking (checks with the SF Giants logo and whatnot). I almost canceled my account.
  • BEES! That's horrifying. That would ruin the game for me. I hate leaving early, but being attacked by a swarm of bees might be my exception.


That's all folks.

No comments: