Friday, August 1, 2008

Editorial: Update On Manny

So, in the first editorial I wrote about Manny, I mentioned:
"What will Manny bring to the Dodgers? Attendance. ...what does Frank McCourt care? As long as Manny puts butts in the seats..."

Well, the ad geniuses working for the Dodgers got right on that. This was on the Dodger homepage. Anything for attendance numbers, I guess.I also said some things about the media, as well. Like, for example, that Bill Plaschke would, how did I put it?
"And Bill Plaschke will jump up and say "Ah hah, ah hah! I said this should happen! I was right!"

Well, this was on the L.A. times website:

That's right Bill, the Dodgers listened to you and made a deal. It's good to know you have so much pull around here.

And by the way, I also mentioned in that article how we would be named "Winners" at the trade deadline by the national media (the same people who will go back to ignoring us next year when we have holes in our lineup). Well, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com, Jon Heyman of SI.com, and
Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com all had very flattering things to say about us and our blockbuster deal.Enjoy it while it lasts.

Update: The Dodgers sold an additional 12,000 tickets for last nights game... butts in the seats...

No comments: